Joseph Francois Ducq (Ledeghem 1762 - Bruges 1829)
The Belgian engraver Joseph Charles de Meulemeester working in the Vatican Logge, 1813
Olio on canvas, 75,5 x 57,4 signed and dated "J. Ducq Rome 1813"
Signed and dated "J. Ducq Roma 1813"
Inscribed on the pillar on the right with the names of the Belgian painters living in Rome, with the dates of their arrival.
- Autour de David, le neoclassicisme en Belgique, 1770-1830, Paris Pavillon des Arts, 1987-1988, n° 28, p. 36
- Maestà di Roma, Roma Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna 2003, II, n° 10, p. 309
- Giovanni Volpato, Les Loges de Raphael et la Galerie du Palais Farnese, Musée des Beaux-Arts, Tours, 2007, pp. 232-233
ANDREA PICCINELLI, called IL BRESCIANINO
(doc. in Siena and Florence from 1506 to 1525)
Oil on panel, tondo Ø 58.5 cm – 96.5 x 80 with frame
A. G. DE MARCHI, Revelations. Discoveries and Rediscoveries in Italian Primitive Art, Florence, Centro Di, 2013, pp. 120-125
Gaspard Dughet detto Gaspard Poussin
(Rome, 1615 - 1675)
Figure in an extensive classical landscape
Oil on canvas, 23 x 21 cm
MASTER OF THE GROTESQUE VASES
(active in the first half of the 17th century)
Still life with flowers in an ornamental vase
NAPOLEONE, C., edited by, Napoli, Parma, Franco Maria Ricci Ed., 2009, p. 37
The painting portrays Horace Vernet himself with his father during their visit to the erupting Vesuvius, between the spring and summer of 1820.
ANTONIO BAZZI (known as) Il SODOMA
(Vercelli, 1477 – Siena, 1549)
Oil on panel, 54 x 35 cm
- DELPRIORI, A., Luca Signorelli, Cinesello Balsamo, Milan, 2012, pp. 78/79
- DE MARCHI, A. G., Revelations. Discoveries and Rediscoveries in Italian Primitive Art, Florence, 2013, pp. 126-131
GASPARD DUGHET, called GASPARD POUSSIN
(Rome, 1615-1675) Figures in a classical landscape
Oil on canvas, 51 x 67 cm